If you are not Portuguese or Spanish you can also sell on Dott. However, you have to ensure the Ownshipping of your products. You just have to follow 4 Onboarding steps and meet the following criteria:
- Have a registered company or individual entrepreneurship;
- Have an european VAT number and bank account;
- Have a warehouse inside the EU.
If you don’t have an European VAT number and Bank account, unfortunately, you cannot sell on Dott.
To complete the Onboarding you’ll just need to complete the following four steps:
1) Register your company in the marketplace.
You need this information:
- Name of the company
- Permanent business certificate
- Company's financial address (street, door number, city, postal code, country)
- Shipping address (if other than financial address)
- Social capital
- Company's VAT number
- Company email
- Company phone number
- Company logo
- Store banner
- Personal information for the shareholders stated in the permanent business certificate (name, address, birth date, phone number, email, passport or ID card copy)
- Company's bank account details: IBAN, BIC/SWIFT, bank name, account holder name
2) Upload your Catalog
To upload your Catalog on Dott, there are 3 ways to do it that will depend on the amount of products you want to upload and your experience selling online.
- It can be through our MASTER (Google Sheet sample), which is perfect for Sellers who don’t have a website or don’t sell online already;
- You can also extract a feed from your website or platform (formats: csv, xml, url, ftp, etc.);
- Upload products individually with our 1 by 1 Import tool.
All products must include these mandatory fields:
- Product Name;
- Inform if the product is a Parent or a Child (Parent products are the ones which have variations - like sizes, for example, so each size is one of it's child);
- Product Description;
- Category - you have to check in our MASTER file in the Categories tab the respective ID to each product;
- Images - have to be links that go directly to the photos and not to websites;
- Product weight (kg) - important for us to know with which vehicle we can collect your products;
- Package size - including height (cm), depth (cm), width (cm), weight (kg).
When your catalog is completed, submit it here with these 3 fields filled this way (PT):
- Razão de Contacto: Gerir Catálogo
- Gestão de Catálogo: Submissão de Novos Produtos
- É a primeira vez que a sua loja submete catálogo?: Sim
4) Solve our Quiz, which teaches how to manage your Dott’s backoffice
->If you already sell online:
Regarding the offers feed, which is very important (stocks, prices, discounts managing), you should create an automatic feed, also extracted from your website or system. This will allow you to save time, since you won’t have to manage your inventory on Dott’s Backoffice. This feed will have to include:
1 - EAN/GTIN;
2 - SKU (If you don’t have one, just copy the EAN)
3 - Stock
4 - Price w/ VAT
5 - Previous price (if you want to do a promotion - this price will appear scratched, giving more emphasis to the actual price)
6 - VAT - insert only integers (ex: 23 - VAT in Portugal)
7 - Product Tax Group (ex: VAT at 23% is CO-IVA-TN). We can map this manually if you don’t have it.
8 - OFT -> offer fulfilment time - which is how much time will take until the product reaches customers.
9 - Warranty (if you have it) -> text field
10 - Condition -> New or Reconditioned
After the 4 Onboarding steps are completed, you will also have to define your store’s policy:
Since you are not from Portugal or Spain, you are not able to send your products via CCT (our logistics partner), so you will be responsible for your own shipping process and costs. This requires different return and warranty conditions, that you can submit to our legal department for evaluation and then to be communicated to the customer on our website.